My Experience in Behavioral Science
I've been fortunate to have had the chance to work at the intersection of technology and human behavior, designing solutions with a number of different problems, including:
- Misperceptions of fuel economy in car dealerships (MIT)
- Errors in judge decision-making during pre-trial hearings (Arnold Foundation)
- Low college graduation rates among low-income students (Gates Foundation)
- Unsustainable consumption patterns (UN)
- Effectiveness of government programs (City of Chicago)
ideas42 - SENIOR Associate (April 2012 - Present)
I work full-time as a behavioral designer at ideas42, hoping to achieve social impact at scale through the design of technology with insights from behavioral economics and social psychology.
The Misbehaving Blog - Editor
I'm also editing the blog companion to Richard Thaler's newest book, Misbehaving.
The Behavioral Science and Policy Association - Staff Writer
Writer for the Behavioral Science and Policy Association (an academic journal).
OUT IN TECH - CO-ORGANIZER
Leading group to understand unconscious biases at work.